It has taken me a long time to get my hair the way that I really want it. My hair is dyed strawberry blonde, and is fairly long, and very curly. My hair isn’t very coarse, but is kind of fine, and wispy. It can look very nice and curly, or it just looks quite frizzy. So I have a few products that help me tame the beast.
1. MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream. This product was an amazing find for me that I found in a salon and decided to try. This has changed my hair so much for the better. It really defines curls, and reduces the frizz in my hair. I love this stuff. It is a very creamy product, and you don’t need to use a lot of it (and it lasts such a long time). I use it after I have washed my hair and slightly towel-dried hair. I pump some into my hand (about a nickel sized amount), rub it between my hands, and scrunch it through my hair. I part my hair off the centre part, to the left, and then I leave it. I don’t blow-dry my hair very often, and I certainly don’t after this product because I find that it does make my hair a little bit more frizzy, so I just let it air dry. I love this product.
2. kms California Moist Repair Therapy Treatment. This product is for damaged hair, but I find that it just adds to much more moisture to my hair and makes it super silky. My hair was going through a bit of a dry period in the winter, so I bought this at the recommendation from my hairdresser, and I love it. I don’t wash my hair a whole lot, so when I do I like a very heavy conditioner (to last me 3 to 4 days). No, I don’t need to wash my hair that often at all. Being kind of a drier person, my hair takes a lot to get very greasy. Anyways, if your hair is super dry, or you just need a very moisturizing hair mask/conditioner, than you need this product (plus, they are all safe for colour-treated hair).
3. Pantene Pro-V Hairspray Classic-All Hair Types. This is such a nice hairspray that doesn’t give a lot of hold, but gives just enough to control frizz, and tame your hair. I hate hairspray that makes your hair feel like helmet, and makes it very hard and stiff. I like how this product really makes it very touchable and soft, while still keeping it mostly in place. It is great for curls.
4. MoroccanOil Treatment for fine or light-coloured hair. I use this when I am going for my natural hair. I have been using this product for a few years, and it makes my hair very soft and silky. I use it when I am have straightened my hair and need to tame some fly-aways, or just after I have washed my hair and I comb this through and let my hair do whatever. Or I put it in and then put my hair in a bun and let it dry. It makes my hair stay somewhat curly, and easy looking. I don’t know what I would do without it.
5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. I got this in an Ipsy Bag a little while ago, and I love this stuff. I still haven’t gone out to buy the full-sized bottle because I haven’t gone through this one just yet. This product is great for when I straighten my hair for sure. It makes it so soft and silky, and I don’t know how I have lived so long and never used it. You use it on wet/towel-dried hair, and comb it through. If you have never used this product. You need to!
6. Lastly, the Healthy Sexy Hair Spray Clay. I also got this product in an Ipsy Bag, and I take this with me to revitalize my curly hair. For second day hair, this product is amazing. It really gives your hair more volume, and makes it look fresh. Plus, it makes your hair smell amazing! I will definitely be buying the larger version of this product because I have realized that I have just run out.
So, there are just a few of my most loved haircare products. I realize that I have a few more than I really thought that I did, but I love all of these. If you have any other recommendations for me that would be appreciated for sure. Thanks for reading!