I signed up for Ipsy a few months ago and I finally got my very first bag in the mail this week! I wasn’t sure what to expect really, since I had never gotten anything like this is the mail before. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. For the $10, or so, that you pay, you get a lot of really great stuff. I have used all of the products once or twice to try everything out, and here is a list and a review of all of the product that I received.
1. First off, the bag is actually very cute and a really nice fabric. It feels like it is waterproof because it is very thick. However, it is white, so it will probably get dirty pretty fast. But it is a great size, and I will totally use it in the future in my purse or just to keep other products in.
2. Next, I received the Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion. Since I am very picky about my moisturizers, I have to say that I was quite skeptical of this product. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a little greasy at first, but gets absorbed into the skin really well and doesn’t leave your hands feeling very oily at all. I really like that. The smell is a interesting, but quite nice. Maybe a little too strong for my liking, but that won’t stop me from using it. I will definitely be using this in the future. I am not sure yet whether I will purchase this, but the sample is nice (although a little small). You can buy a full size (236mL) bottle of this product from their website for $11.99, and I know that they also sell this stuff at Target. I definitely recommend checking this product out.
3. I got a very reddish lipgloss in the bag that I was very skeptical of for sure at first. However, when I put it on I was really happy with it. I got the Ofra Sultry Lipgloss with Plumper. This product is very thick, but not too sticky. It actually gave me a really nice colour to my lips that I wasn’t expecting. I am not very big into heavy lipglosses, mainly because I don’t like the taste of them, and I always feel like I want to wipe them off, or they don’t last very long in the first place. This lipgloss actually didn’t have a very strong taste of anything, but whatever it was it was pleasant. Now I have a new lipgloss that I like! What a rare find. I literally mostly wear Maybelline Baby Lips, or Blistex, so this is definitely a nice step up for me. This product retails for $12.95, and it only comes in one colour which is very interesting. I have to say that this colour did work very nice for me, and I do think that it would look good on a lot of girls, but I don’t know about everybody. It seems very interesting that it only comes in the one colour. I liked it a lot though.
4. I got this beautiful black box that I really wasn’t sure what it was at first, but when I opened it I was really happy. I got a Zoya Nail Polish in the colour Mason, which is a dark pink with a bit of purple colour, that is fairly sparkly. It wasn’t a small sample size either, but one that you would buy at the store. Nice. I looked into how much these nail polishes retail for and it is about $8 per polish. They are an organic nail polish as well, which I had never used before but was happy to try. I have heard that some organic nail polishes sometimes don’t last as long on the nails as regular polishes do, but I put it on my toes on Monday, and it still looks good today! It has chipped a bit from my baby toes, but that is it. I didn’t even put on a top coat. It isn’t really a colour that I would normally go for, but I like it a lot.
5. Then I found something that I was really hoping to get, and it was a sample of a hairspray. I received the Sexy Hair Spray Clay. I always like trying new hair products for sure. I have very unruly hair that can get very frizzy and is very curly and long, so I like to try anything that will improve this for me. I used this after my hair had been curly, in the morning after I woke up. My hair just needed a little reviving and it was pretty frizzy from being slept on. I just sprayed a little bit all over my hair (the hairspray came out very fast and sort of like a dry shampoo, but clear). But it was almost instant that my frizz was less, and I even wore my hair down again because it looked so good. Plus, the smell was really nice, kinda strong but not really. I will definitely purchase this once my sample is done. It retails for about $18 at Ulta (which we don’t have in Canada), but when I go back down to the states I may consider picking up some just because it is so good.
6. Lastly, I got the H2O Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment. This product was very interesting to apply. You apply it to your face after you have washed it, but before you dry it, so it is still damp. It took quite a while for it to be absorbed into the skin, and the packaging was really awful. It started leaking out the sides even before I started using it. I have only used it once, but I didn’t really find it particularly hydrating. I didn’t find that it really did anything but add an extra step to washing my face. I will try it again just to see, but I don’t know…What I do know is that a bottle of the product retails for $36 on the their website. Not as expensive as what I would have thought, but still.
And that is it for my first Ipsy bag! I have to say that I am really happy with it. I will definitely keep getting more. I think that the value of what you get is really great. With the nail polish and the bag alone basically covers what you would pay, but you get 4 more products. I like trying new things but I really don’t like spending a lot of money to get them if I am unsure, so this is a great way to try new products. I definitely recommend getting them if you can. Thanks for reading!